Yoga is a mind and body connection that allows for full relaxation of the mind and body. This alternative therapy is for men, women, children, and elders. There are different degrees that will heighten the awareness of the person practicing.
There are extensive benefits of yoga on the physical and mental level. To get a full understanding of yoga you should look at all angles. A quick definition of yoga would be: a group of Indian spiritual paths that aim at achieving the union with the Supreme Consciousness. There are some yogas that go beyond that and aim at the spiritual transformation of the human nature and obtain immortality even for the physical body. The Western Hemisphere tends to embrace the physical aspects with the practice of asanas, which are postures of Hatha Yoga.
A Few Physical Benefits of Yoga
- Increasing Flexibility – yoga positions that act upon a variety of joints of the body; most importantly it works on the joints that are not commonly exercised but need to be to enjoy full mobility.
- Better lubrication of the joints, ligaments, and tendons – The positions practiced also work the ligaments and tendons that help release the necessary lubrication to prevent from injury. The results of flexibility are immediate because those that have been worked during regular exercise help those during the practice of yoga; all physical activities work together resulting in greatest achievable level of flexibility.
- Massaging of internal organs of the body – Yoga works to massage all the organs of the body. In turn this increases stimulation and circulation which helps fight against disease and provide a forewarning of disease.
- Complete Detoxification – Massage, lubrication, and stimulation increase circulation and result in a very ample healthy blood supply. This helps prevent premature aging and gives you more energy, which in turn equates to better overall living and enthusiasm for life.
- Toning – Yoga is a very good source of toning body muscle groups. Strengthened and toned muscle decreases body fat more efficiently.
Yoga and The Mind
Yoga synchronizes the mind with the body, which provides quantum benefits. The mind is truly a strong entity of our complete self. The determination of the mind allows people to attain power and extraordinary feats. When you have a better understanding of your mind and your body connection then you are able to tap into this power for complete wholeness and wellness.
A Few Mental Benefits of Yoga
- Awareness –People who practice this alternative health therapy are able to have an understanding of their whole body through increased awareness. They become true advocates for themselves.
- Relief – This practice helps release stress patterns and muscle strain, which will help refresh the body. It gives spiritual, emotional, and physical relief.
- Relaxation – Yoga helps relax the mind and body which will, in turn sharpen our concentration and mental capabilities. Deeper relaxation also aides in maintaining emotional health.
The power of yoga and the ability to connect the body and mind can do some powerful healing. It has been found that yoga can alleviate symptoms in such diseases as chronic fatigue, AIDS, arthritis, diabetes, and obesity, and will fend off the negativities of old age.
If you are mentally tired and not wanting to take a pill to make it go away, but have an understanding of how your body and mind work then embracing yoga will benefit you and your lifestyle, in unparalleled ways for the body and the minds.
My website contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase any products mentioned in my articles, I may receive a commission. If you do, thank you!