When you begin taking vitamins and supplements, you might be wondering how to take them so that you get the most benefits from these products and don’t have to worry that you’re wasting your money. You should know that these products can be very beneficial, but many times, it is left to the consumer to know how much of these things to take and how much is safe and effective. This can not only lead to confusion, but also cause these products to be less effective or overdoses.
- Take your vitamins and supplements with food, or at night before you go to bed. These products work best and digest better when you have food in your stomach, so even if you don’t take it right after your meal, your stomach should be working. If you take them when you haven’t eaten anything, you might just be flushing them out of your system. Never take these products with fresh fruits because the acids in fruit can take away the nutritional value of them. For this reason, you should never take them with fruit juice or caffeine.
- Don’t double up on your vitamins just because you forgot a day. Vitamins and supplements have a cumulative effect, so taking more is not going to help you. Instead, skip the day you forgot and make a better effort to take them on time the next day.
- Only take supplements which are designed to be performance enhancers as recommended. Taking more will not help and if you take these products at the wrong time, they may not be effective.
- Always make sure that your vitamins and minerals are working together, not canceling each other out. Sometimes when you take the wrong things, you might find that you’re not getting the benefits from either of them, so make sure that all of your supplements work together.
- Check the expiration date on all your vitamins and supplements so that you’re taking products which are effective and safe. Also, make sure you don’t mix these products up because their properties can actually merge together.
- Never use more than the recommended doses of any vitamins or supplements and don’t choose to use them to heal or cure any conditions which may need medical attention. Sometimes people think that if they just take their vitamins they will cure problems which they have, but actually, when you need to go to the doctor, then you need to go and vitamins are not a way to cure problems you might have.
When used the right way, your vitamins and supplements are intended to help your body reach optimal health and possibly fight off certain diseases or problems which might occur. It’s a well known fact that healthy bodies age better and they fight illnesses better and often, the right supplements can help us to reach our ideal weight, improve our skin, health, and appearance, but taking too much of these products or skipping out on other healthy lifestyle practices can only do you harm, so you should make sure that you use your vitamins and supplements the right way and don’t expect cure alls or miracles from them.
My website contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase any products mentioned in my articles, I may receive a commission. If you do, thank you!