You can use tea tree oil to treat everything from acne to sunburn, and it is a natural antiseptic. This miracle oil has been used for centuries to heal everything from burns to cuts and there are plenty more uses for this essential oil.
It comes from the tea tree in Australia and is distilled from this tree so that you can easily and effectively use tea tree oil for many purposes.
Tea Tree Oil For Health Problems
- Acne – Treat your acne with a couple drops added to lotion and then apply to the blemishes every night to help treat them. it can inhibit the growth of bacteria on the skin and also helps to keep facial skin moisturized and balanced.
When using tea tree oil for this purpose, you can either use it to treat blemishes by spot treating pimples as they pop up or you can use it as an anti-acne serum. When using it as a serum, apply to clean skin twice daily as you would any other acne serum and be sure to follow with sunscreen during the day.
Now, maybe you’re curious how any type of oil can possibly work to heal the skin and prevent problems such as acne. We are taught to believe that oil is bad for the skin and makes us break out, but with tea tree essential oil, the opposite is actually true.
Tea tree oil contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and is also an antiseptic that helps to reduce inflammation in many cases. That’s why this essential oil is so widely used.
- Athlete’s Foot – Add some to warm water to soak your feet in. This will help cure your athlete’s foot as well as help treat other types of yeast
infection related illnesses.
- Antiseptic – Great for use on cuts, burns and other skin problems because it kills germs and prevents infection.
- Chest Congestion – Put some tea tree oil into a vaporizer to help loosen chest congestion.
- Cracked Skin and Yellow Nails – Tea tree essential oil can help heal cracked skin and yellowed nails. It also helps to ease itchiness brought about by problems such as nail fungus.
- Bites and Rashes – It helps with bug bites and most typical skin rashes and chafing because not only does it contain all sorts of medicinal properties, but it also is an emollient which helps to keep the skin moist and soft.
- Dandruff and Scalp Problems – You can even use tea tree essential oils for problems such as dandruff and you will find that it is commonly found in many very effective dandruff shampoos that are on the market today. It helps to relieve itchiness and stop flaking that is often found with conditions such as dandruff.
- Psoriasis and Eczema – Since it’s an effective anti-inflammatory, you will also find that in the case of psoriasis and eczema, it can help to ease the appearance of flaky, red, swollen skin.
So now you can use tea tree essential oil for all your scrapes, scratches, burns and lesions to help prevent infection, scarring and pain that often come with these problems.
Using tea tree oil in these treatments will work wonders. I absolutely love it and wouldn’t be without it!
My website contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase any products mentioned in my articles, I may receive a commission. If you do, thank you!