Many people use natural remedies and herbal remedies or dietary supplements as a way to treat depression naturally. The reason more people are looking for alternative treatments and herbal natural remedies, is because they are ‘natural’ and therefore don’t have the unwanted side effects many other treatments for depression have.
There are also natural therapies including acupuncture, meditation and yoga, that are excellent for treating depression and anxiety. Relaxation techniques and deep breathing are also therapies that help lower anxiety and stress levels. It is a practice you can begin anytime, anywhere and by yourself.
Herbal Remedies To Treat Depression Naturally
St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum) – This is one remedy that many people think of when looking for a natural depression treatment and has been used as an herbal medicine for centuries.
It is used to aid in balancing mood swings and mental health and wellness. It also has far fewer side effects, than many of the commonly used prescription medications and antidepressants.
Other remedies include ingredients containing Passiflora, Melissa, and Lavender. These natural remedies help to relieve anxiety and are found in many homeopathic products by ‘Native Remedies.’ They offer a few products that help with emotional and psychological health. They include:
- PureCalm – is a 100% safe, non-addictive herbal remedy that has been specially formulated for adults and children, to promote a calmed mood and soothe the nerves.
- Kiddie Calmer – Homeopathic remedy relieves nervousness, worry, shyness and separation anxiety in children.
- MindSoothe – natural herbal remedy for depression, that has been especially formulated for adults and teens, for a balanced mood, emotional health and feelings of well-being.
- MindSoothe Jr. – will assist with anxiety as well as depression and aids emotional stability and balanced moods in children.
- Triple Complex Mood Tonic – Homeopathic remedy calms emotional outbursts and reduces mood swings, and maintains normal serotonin levels.
Dopamine and Serotonin Levels
There are dopamine supplements and serotonin supplements to help stimulate the production of dopamine and serotonin, your ‘feel good’ chemicals, necessary for a healthy mind.To keep your natural ‘feel good’ chemicals producing , you can take a look at your diet and lifestyle too. Are you eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grain foods? Bananas and carbohydrates are excellent foods to put you in the mood! They assist and maintain healthy serotonin levels naturally. After all, ‘you are what you eat’ and that includes your healthy mind too, not just your waistline. What about the rest of your lifestyle? Are you getting plenty of exercise and enjoying the sunshine? Begin by eating right and taking a walk everyday. These small changes can help you fight the blues.
If you are looking to treat depression naturally without potentially harmful side effects, then you might want to consider some of these natural remedies. Remember to consult your health care professional first, especially if you are already taking medications prescribed by them.
Disclosure Statement – We are an affiliate for the products we recommend.