Article Table of Contents
Herbs and Supplements For Fibromyalgia
As fibromyalgia is so painful and treating the pain is long term, natural remedies is certainly a healthy solution! Dealing with this condition can be a challenge, which is why you may be looking for a natural remedy or information on supplements that are helpful for fibromyalgia.
Natural Fibromyalgia Treatments
This common disorder is typically manifested by tiredness, sleeping problems, restless legs, anxiety and muscle aches and pains. There are a few possible causes of the condition but generally, it is triggered by a chemical imbalance, disrupting the normal transmission of nerve signals throughout the body.
There are several traditional medications, but most health experts are in agreement that natural fibromyalgia supplements and treatments are preferable. There are several obvious reasons for this.
- First of all traditional medications contain chemical ingredients that can cause negative side effects, plus they can also trigger more problems due to their chemical compositions.
- Natural supplements on the other hand contain natural ingredients and are not addictive, which means you can easily stop taking them whenever you want to. You won’t need to slowly stop taking them because of withdrawal issues.
Plus the right supplements for your fibromyalgia pain is essential if you want to enjoy positive results in the soonest possible time. Unfortunately, it’s hard to tell which ones will work best for you because people respond to any treatment or remedy.
However, here is a list of a few treatment options to help make your search easier.
Natural Remedies For Fibromyalgia
Firstly any natural treatment will work so much better if you also watch your diet and exercise. You may be thinking it is too hard when it hurts so much, but it will help if you can make the effort to just take a walk everyday and avoid the foods that cause inflammation for example. You may even experience food allergies, so follow your own fibromyalgia diet plan carefully.
Now for some herbal remedies and supplementation options. Supplements such as magnesium, (which is excellent for muscle pain and cramping), vitamin D and B12 are all helpful in easing your symptoms.
- Melatonin Supplements – There are many melatonin supplements on the market today. They are usually used as sleep aids, as they are helpful for people with a sleeping problem. As people with fibromyalgia suffer with fatigue, it is thought these may be of assistance. Taking these supplements will encourage better sleep patterns, despite having been afflicted with the condition.
- FibroFree Complex – This is an all natural homeopathic remedy for fibromyalgia aches and muscle pains, soreness, fatigue and nervous system hypersensitivity.
- St. John’s Wort – This is a common herb used to treat depression which is why St. John’s Wort is now being used as an ingredient in many supplements for fibromyalgia. This is because anxiety and depression is one of the symptoms experienced.
Many people suffering from fibromyalgia have achieved relief by using herbal supplements, but just as a safety precaution, it is advisable that you consult with your doctor first.
My website contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase any products mentioned in my articles, I may receive a commission. If you do, thank you!