Article Table of Contents
If you suffer with gouty arthritis pain, a type of arthritis, you may be wondering if you can find any form of natural relief. You may have heard of one remedy, whereby people eat a cup of cherries.
Do Cherries For Gout Help You?
This is to beat the uric acid levels, however, perhaps you have tried and have already given up on eating cherries (as one reader has told me) and this solution just doesn’t work for you.
Eating cherries is not a scientifically proven remedy…but it is one of the most powerful natural gout remedies. This may not be any help to you at all if it hasn’t helped you in the past. There are many studies on the benefits of eating cherries for gout, so it is certainly worth a try if you haven’t tried it, as it does help some people.
It doesn’t really matter what ‘type’ of cherries either. They can be fresh picked, organic, canned or frozen…but what about the people, like my reader, where cherries don’t help?
Do You Know What is Causing Your Gout?
You may already know what is causing your gout problem. It has always been thought alcohol and certain foods cause gout, but there are also other issues. Your metabolism may be a problem where you have an overproduction of uric acid, or your kidneys may not be eliminating the uric acid properly.
The uric acid levels build up in your blood stream and cause painful joints, another reason to find joint inflammation relief. If too much uric acid builds up in the fluid around the joints, then uric acid crystals begin to form. These crystals cause the joint to swell and become inflamed and painful.
Tips To Relieve Gout Naturally
The first thing to help treat gout naturally, is to make some lifestyle changes. Yes, I say this all the time, but certain simple changes can bring about positive results. You have possibly already been told to do this…but it maybe more difficult than you thought.
- Change Your Eating Habits – It isn’t easy changing your diet overnight, so what do you do in the meantime? If you can avoid the foods that cause your inflammation problem, then you are off to a great start. Follow a gout diet plan and help yourself even more!
- Reduce Alcohol and Meats – Alcohol and meat and seafood (which are purine-rich foods) all exacerbate the problem, so try to reduce these factors as much as possible. Don’t drink sodas either as sugar exacerbates many health problems.
- Healthy Weight Level – Are you overweight? Excess weight puts strain on your joints causing increased pressure and pain. If you are overweight it would certainly help if you tried to lose a few pounds.
- Cherries – I have already discussed cherries above….worth a try!
- Apple Cider Vinegar – This is another popular remedy (and is also excellent for heartburn). Place a teaspoon in a glass of water. Apple cider vinegar is a natural medicine that has so many healing properties, that I often say to my friends and family that if they want an all-in-one natural medicine to keep in their cupboard, buy a bottle of apple cider vinegar, with the ‘web’ in it of course.
- Natural Medicines – There are also homeopathic formulas used to relieve gout pain symptoms, such as this one.
My website contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase any products mentioned in my articles, I may receive a commission. If you do, thank you!