Advantages of Using Herbal or Homeopathic Remedies
There is no shortage of sleeping pills to help overcome those sleepless nights, however you may prefer using insomnia herbal remedies and natural supplements because of the many advantages these treatments have over traditional sleeping pills.
What Are The Benefits?
Here are a few…
1. Just As Effective – Many find they sleep just as well using natural solutions, so they continue to do so.
2. Milder – A common problem with sleeping pills is that they can leave you with a heavy feeling upon waking up the next morning. This is not a problem with herbal medications.
3. No Negative Side Effects – Side effects are very rarely experienced with the use of any natural insomnia remedies. They may only occur if a person is allergic to a particular herb.
4. Non-Habit Forming – Another common problem with sleeping pills is that they can become addictive. Not so with insomnia herbal medications, you can stop using them anytime without experiencing any withdrawal symptoms.
5. Cheaper – Prescription sleep medications can be very expensive. You can definitely save a lot of money by using insomnia herbal remedies.
6. Easily Accessible – It’s not difficult to find natural remedies for insomnia. They are available online and in many health stores.
Popular Herbal Remedies For Insomnia
So you now have read a few of the benefits, now it’s time to look at the popular remedies. Besides natural remedies for insomnia you can also look at your diet and lifestyle. For example you can eat more foods that contain tryptophan. These include bananas and turkey. Have you ever noticed how sleepy you are after eating your turkey dinner?
- Valerian root – One of the most popular and most discussed is Valerian. I have heard people say they always remember this one because it sounds like “Valium”. This herb acts as a sedative, which is why it is so popular. The root is the medicinal part.
- Chamomile – A cup of chamomile tea is often taken before bed to help induce sleep. It can also be used in aromatherapy oils. It is usually taken as an herbal tea and used in conjunction with other herbal remedies for insomnia, such as Valerian.
- Lavender – Lavender is a relaxing herb and the use of lavender oil or fresh cut lavender placed in your room can help you feel a sense of calm and relaxation. Many find this mild herb really helps them fall into a deep sleep.
If you have tried sleeping pills before and would like to sleep naturally, why not try a few insomnia herbal remedies? Cut yourself some fresh lavender, drink a cup of chamomile tea and try a little Valerian root.
- There are also natural homeopathic formulations for insomnia symptom relief.
These small steps may be exactly what you need to feel well rested each night.
My website contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase any products mentioned in my articles, I may receive a commission. If you do, thank you!