Is Your Immune System Strong?
Our immune system works to defend us against disease causing micro-organisms. However, there are times when we get sick or suffer with colds and allergies because our immune system fails.
The wonderful thing about our body is that there are many ways in which we can help our immune system strengthen its forces and make us stronger against diseases.
Choose Lean Protein
- Lean protein is certainly not the magic bullet that kills all those disease-causing bacteria or virus. However, antibodies are mainly made up of protein and this explains why lean protein should take the lead in the war against many illnesses.
- Add to that the fact that lean protein contains plenty of nutrients that help strengthen the immune system. Lean beef, pork, soy and beans are rich in zinc. Zinc is crucial for the production of white blood cells that fight against infection.
- Other sources of lean protein such as cashews and almonds are also loaded with magnesium that is also vital for better a strong immune system.
Eat Vegetables or Fruits Every Day
- Dark leafy vegetables, carrots and sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamins A, E and C which are known for its ability to fight off infections and regulate our immune system.
- Bell peppers, fresh herbs, mustard greens, kale, cauliflower and kiwi fruits are rich sources of vitamin C. If you want to improve your body’s ability to absorb iron, you need to make sure that you are getting enough of vitamin C.
- Pine nuts, peanuts, almonds and dried apricots are heavy with vitamin E that will serve as your best shield against flu and other upper respiratory illnesses.
Start Exercising and Improve Your Physical Activity
Living with a sedentary lifestyle can only make you the perfect target for many illnesses. However if you see to it that you are getting enough physical activity such as walking for up to thirty minutes every day or most days of the week, you will cease to be vulnerable to many diseases.
The more you move, the more that your white blood cells and other antibodies will be able to spread throughout your body. Exercise will help make it easier for antibodies to detect which area of your body has been invaded by any disease-causing microbes.
In addition, an increase in your physical activity will also help increase the amount of hormones that will be released throughout your body making it easier to send warnings to white blood cells of any pathogen invasion.
Learn To Manage Your Stress Levels
Reducing our stressors can be difficult to do. This is why we need to find ways to better manage our stress levels. Luckily, stress management does not necessarily mean spending a fortune.
Simple activities such as playing with your pet dog, listening to your favorite music and taking the time to laugh with your friends can greatly reduce your stress. Therefore, don’t feel guilty if you stop to have fun and relax.
Enjoy Happy Relationships
Strengthening ties with your friends and loved ones also means strengthening your immune system. Building good relationships with the people around you should be part of your holistic approach towards improving your immune system and defending all dis-ease that may come your way.
My website contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase any products mentioned in my articles, I may receive a commission. If you do, thank you!