Natural Treatments For Wart Removal
I was asked about natural remedies for wart removal, so I thought I would provide you with a few natural solutions. Firstly it is important to understand what a wart actually is.
It is a virus, called the Human Papilloma Virus or HPV. The virus is in the epidermis layer of your skin and it creates the roughened, raised ‘skin’ we see and know as a dreaded wart.
The second point to note is there are many different types of warts, including warts on hands, plantar warts and genital warts. (I will be covering home remedies for warts on hands and fingers, not genital warts. It is not recommended to use the same remedies.)
Warts not only appear in all shapes and sizes, they are also highly contagious and usually affect children and young adults.
“Conventional treatments offer to freeze, burn, inject, shave, electrocute, poison, or dig the poor wart out but with varying degrees of success. Some can cause scarring while with others, the wart may regrow. For patient sufferers, just waiting may also bring success as 65% of warts disappear all by themselves with time.
For those who would like to hurry them along though, homeopathy can help – and in more ways than one.
Warts are often seen as nothing more than a minor nuisance – to remove the wart is to remove the problem. But is this completely true? No, say homeopaths.
Their presence on top of the skin warns of a deeper weakness or susceptibility that allows them to continue and flourish. While removing the wart creates a blemish-free skin, it does nothing to correct this underlying weakness – the person is still vulnerable to future health problems.
A more holistic approach is needed and this is where homeopathy excels. By treating the wart as just one of the person’s health problems and prescribing a homeopathic remedy accordingly, widespread improvements are achieved and the underlying weakness repaired.” – Source
Your Immune System
That brings us to the next questionand that is, how did you catch this virus? Usually it is from direct contact with someone who has warts. The reason so many people have them on their hands for example, is because they ‘touch things’ like other people.
Many people more susceptible to contracting the wart virus, are those with cuts on their hands or nail biters. You may notice nail biters with warts around their nails. This is because the virus has a chance to enter the skin. They may also appear after a time of emotional anxiety and stress.
The next thing is a healthy immune system. If you are naturally healthy, you don’t ‘catch’ many health problems, but if your immune system is low, then you have a greater chance of the virus taking hold. A herbal remedy for boosting your immune system may be needed.
Home Remedies For Wart Removal
Although a stubborn little annoyance, there are natural remedies for warts and home remedy treatments you can try. Remember a wart is persistent, so you have to be diligent in your applications of any wart remedy. Here are a few of the common home remedies:
- Apple Cider Vinegar – First, one of the most common natural remedies for wart removal is apple cider vinegar. You can use a cotton wool ball or surgical pad dipped in the apple cider vinegar and hold it in place with a band-aid of some description. The reaction between the wart and the vinegar can be felt and it is important to continue until it is gone. When purchasing the vinegar, pick the brand containing the ‘web’ as this has wonderful health benefits.
- Garlic – Another remedy is garlic. This can be brutal to the skin, so you may need to protect the surrounding skin with a dressing. Cut a hole for the wart and then place the mashed garlic over the wart. Again cover with a dressing.
- Tea Tree Oil – Another one that smells a little more pleasant is the healing tea tree oil. Tea tree essential oil is known for its healing qualities and is also great for wart removal.
- Duct Tape – You may have heard of using duct tape for warts, to prevent the wart from ‘breathing’. This may be considered a natural remedy…but I prefer to use ‘natural ingredients’ rather than something found in the garage…although I am sure many a man would love this treatment.
- There are of course many more…
Homeopathic Remedies For Preventing Warts
You may also be wanting to boost your immunity as I mentioned earlier. As we know, prevention is better than any treatment, so it is important to get your immune system into a ‘tip-top’ healthy state.
There are formulas made from all natural ingredients, such as ImmunityPlus, that are designed to improve your body’s immune system so it is more able to protect itself against many attacking viruses.
- Boosting your immune system will assist in fighting common viruses including warts, herpes, shingles, colds and more.
Our immune system is what helps us stay healthy and keep all the viruses and bacteria out…viruses such as warts. If and when we have a health problem, our body is letting us know something isn’t quite right. So a healthy immune system provides us with protection first against being infected.
I hope these few natural remedies for wart removal have been helpful and you are able to get rid of warts naturally.
My website contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase any products mentioned in my articles, I may receive a commission. If you do, thank you!