Article Table of Contents
Natural Relief From Bacterial Vaginosis
Finding permanent bacterial vaginosis relief is more important than treating any current symptoms. Addressing the cause prevents a recurring problem. Therefore you may be keen to try natural remedies for bacterial vaginosis so as to treat your problems permanently. You may find that your BV symptoms disappear after being prescribed a medication, only to find the problem returns…even right after or within a few days of stopping or finishing the treatment.
Why Do You Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
According to medical experts, the first step towards getting permanent relief is to gain an understanding of what goes on in your body during this condition so that you can make the changes necessary to correct the imbalance of bacteria present.
If you are suffering with this condition, your healthy bacteria, in particular, lactobacilli, are being replaced by an overgrowth of other ‘bad’ bacteria.
Two types of bacteria exist in the body at any given time — the good bacteria and the bad bacteria. Ordinarily, the amount of good bacteria is enough to fight the bad bacteria, preventing them from wreaking havoc in your system.
When you have bacterial vaginosis, the bad bacteria take over and then thrive in the dark, damp and warm area of your body – the vagina. As they increase in number, they cause itching, irritation and pain in the affected area.
Most people will agree that the best treatments to use in sensitive feminine areas are those that are made from completely natural ingredients.
If this is a health issue for you, there are natural treatments for BV relief, either by trying some home remedies or special herbal remedies for vaginal health.
Natural Remedies For BV
So what are some of these solutions? Some people have found their own natural BV remedy out of desperation. You can also make lifestyle changes and practice them daily.
- Avoid Tight Clothing – There are also some things that you can do in order to speed up the process of getting bacterial vaginosis relief. For starters, you can avoid wearing tight clothing especially around the pelvic area, as such clothes make the vaginal region warmer and thus more attractive to bacteria.
- Don’t Douche – Some women say that douching is a good way to flush out these bacteria from the body but that is not the case at all. In fact, douching will only make your problem worse because it might contaminate the area further.
- The same is true with using scented soaps and feminine washes…don’t use them.
- In case you have multiple sexual partners, it is wise to use some kind of protection in order to avoid transmitting or contracting the bacteria.
- You can also use natural homeopathic formulas to help relieve annoying symptoms, such as Vagi-Clear.
Recurrences of BV
Even after treatment, about half of the women with bacterial vaginosis will get the condition back within six to 12 months. This may be due to the treatment not working or to re-infection. Treating the male partner of an infected woman does not seem to reduce the risk of recurrence. Female partners of infected women are at increased risk, so screening for BV and treatment (if required) is recommended.
So to stop recurring BV, prevention is best! Why not try natural remedies for BV first? For even more natural health solutions for bacterial vaginosis relief, it is recommended that you talk to your holistic health care professional, so they can help you with for a homeopathic remedy.
Of course, you can also look at the foods you eat and make the necessary lifestyle changes, in order to improve your health condition.
My website contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase any products mentioned in my articles, I may receive a commission. If you do, thank you!