Natural Remedies For Healing and Skincare
Natural remedies for healing and skincare have been around for centuries and it is becoming more and more popular, because it works. Garlic, chamomile, honey, and rosemary are not necessarily grocery items for just your kitchen pantry. They can be added to your health care list.
It is very important to take care of your skin and to take care of what you put on it. Skin is the largest organ of your body. It is a virtual sponge to your body and whatever it comes in contact with, either intentionally or not and will be absorbed to some level through your skin. This is why people turn to natural products.
Natural skincare products are made by using ingredients derived from nature. Herbs, essential oils, flowers, and roots are combined with naturally occurring carrier agents, emulsifiers, and preservatives, such as oils and pure water. Many people have taken to creating their own line of products using these natural compounds. What are some commonly used and sold natural healing products that aid in skin care?
Natural Healing Products
- Chamomile – Not only found in tea to help relax the inside of you but also used topically will aid with anti-inflammatory issues. Many soaps and facial creams have added this beneficial plant of nature.
- Honey – This is nature’s miracle and a natural antioxidant. It has anti-microbial properties that have the ability to absorb and retain moisture, known as hygroscopic. It also protects the skin from the damage of the sun and helps rejuvenate depleted skin.
- Shea butter – This is a staple in African pharmacology because of its potent healing abilities. It is derived from the kernel of the Karite tree, also known as the “Tree of Life.” When it is used as pure as possible, this wonder provides healing for such skin ailments as eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
- Jojoba – This plant’s oil is compared with that of the natural sebum of the whale. It is a natural moisturizer and helps to soften the skin
- Aloe – Found in many after-burn treatments, this natural beauty aid has been around for centuries. It is written that Cleopatra used it in her beauty regimen. There are over 300 varieties of this plant but only a few are used to make healing products. Aloe is used for burns, scratches, and other abrasions.
Because beauty is not skin deep, one has to be sure to take care of the inside too. Illness and disease can be determined by looking at a patient’s skin tone, rashes, and texture. Many things can be taken to cure certain ailments, but adding a few herbs to your diet can do your body wonders. There are many forms of natural healing products that people can choose from. There are pills made from natural healing products or teas, or simply adding the correct herb to a cooking regimen will benefit greatly. Some of the most common found herbs include:
- Garlic – Garlic has been known to help reduce blood pressure and cholesterol as well as ward off colds and flu with its medicinal properties.
- Artichoke – Has been known to reduce production levels of cholesterol.
- Soy – Many people have added soy drinks to their diets and this is because soy contains estrogen and will help retain these vital levels especially during menopause.
- Cranberry – Used as an everyday supplement for aiding in urinary tract health.
There are so many more choices on the market and so much research that one can do to see for themselves the benefits of such products. Adding one or more natural healing products to your life will provide you with total health and wellness and make you feel naturally beautiful!
My website contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase any products mentioned in my articles, I may receive a commission. If you do, thank you!