Article Table of Contents
- 1 Natural Arthritis Relief Supplements
- 2 Cayenne Pepper – Natural Arthritis Relief Supplements
If you suffer with arthritis and are sick of trying over-the-counter pain medications or other medications, perhaps you’re interested in trying natural arthritis relief supplements and remedies. There are quite a few options.
There are supplements and homeopathic remedies for natural arthritis pain relief. (You can read my Rhumatol Review for information on one such remedy.)
Natural Arthritis Relief Supplements
So, what dietary supplements can help you treat, manage, or relieve the pain of arthritis?
This supplement comes from the root of a ginger plant. Depending on the form, it comes from either fresh or dried root. What is ideal about this supplement is your options.
- You can choose from capsules, powder, extract, and oils.
- Up to two grams a day are recommended.
- The extract can be added to tea for taste.
The ginger extract helps with reducing inflammation. It has the ability to slow down the chemicals that cause inflammation, including COX-2. In addition to aiding in arthritis pain, this supplement is an ideal cure for motion sickness, as it not only subsides pain, but nausea and vomiting too. Pregnant women love this remedy too, for treating morning sickness.
Bromelain is one supplement I have used for my own inflammation pain and found it very helpful! It’s from the pineapple, and I wrote an article about it here. Bromelain for arthritis pain relief.
Avocado Soybean Unsaponifiables – ASU
Avocado Soybean Unsaponifiables (ASU) not only provides pain relief, but it lessens joint swelling and inflammation. Various studies, since 2002, have shown that ASU did stop inflammation. Not only that, it slows the break down of cartilage and in some instances worked to repair prior damage.
Avocado Soybean Unsaponifiables is available in capsule format. It can be found for sale at most health and nutrition stores. Read all labels before taking, but most call for two capsules a day.
Fish Oil Supplements
Fish oil supplements or your omega 3s have long been known for the health benefits. Fish oil comes from cold-water fish. For those unable to stomach the taste and smell, capsules and tablets are available. It helps to promote healthy blood circulation. Due to its ability to protect against high blood pressure and heart disease, you cannot go wrong with this supplement. The reduction of inflammation in your joints and decreased pain are worth trying.
Although the name sounds frightening, this supplement is an herbal remedy that was and is widely used in South Africa. It is available in powder, liquid, and capsule formats. Devil’s claw helps reduce both joint pain and inflammation. Unfortunately, there are known risks involved with this supplement. Those who are pregnant, taking blood thinners, antacids, or diabetes medication should speak to their doctor first.
Ginkgo improves blood flow and circulation. This improves the overall health and well-being of the body. Some studies have shown that it reduces disease flair ups, including arthritis. Ginkgo is available in liquid, extract, or capsules format. The Arthritis Today magazine recommends choosing supplements with 24% flavonol glycosides and up to 7% terpene lactones.
As you can see, many herbal and dietary supplements can reduce the pain associated with arthritis. The good news? These are just a sample of the supplements available for sale. Before trying any supplement, including the ones above, research or speak to your primary care physician. Some can counteract with common over-the-counter or prescribed medications.
Cayenne Pepper – Natural Arthritis Relief Supplements
Cayenne pepper is available in many different formats, including supplements or capsules, however, it is also available in other forms. Depending on the remedy solution for arthritis relief will depend on what you purchase. For example, if you wish to increase your cayenne pepper intake through your foods, head to your local supermarket or organic food store.
The active ingredient in cayenne pepper is capsaicin. It is found in many medications and has aspirin like qualities. The pepper improves blood flow and circulation and releases natural endorphins, which help combat pain and discomfort.
Cayenne Pepper Arthritis Remedy #1
- Mix a small amount of red pepper with a small amount of castor oil.
- Use a paper towel or cloth to soak in the mixture.
- Apply the damp paper towel or cloth to the painful area.
- Some recommend applying and leaving on overnight.
- Castor oil has many health benefits, although it is not right for everyone.
- Try this home remedy for a couple of hours during the day first.
- If you notice a decrease in pain with no reactions, aim for overnight relief.
Cayenne Pepper Arthritis Remedy #2
- Purchase the cayenne pepper spice. This is the dry mixture. Add to your food.
- If you have digestive problems, you may notice a few complications at first.
- For many, their body needs to adjust to the pepper, as it can be difficult to digest.
- Start slow, like with 1/8 tablespoon.
- Overtime, work your way to two teaspoons a day.
- You can scatter this dosage out over different meals.
- Red pepper can be added to most foods.
Cayenne Pepper Arthritis Remedy #3
- Purchase hot sauce that is made from cayenne pepper.
- The hot sauce label should state the main ingredient is “aged cayennes.”
- Apply to the painful arthritic areas of your body at least twice a day.
- Many report this remedy works, but there is the possibility of stained clothes.
As with any natural arthritis remedy, it is important to consider the risk and speak with a trusted medical professional. The active ingredient in cayenne pepper is capsaicin. It can interact with a number of drugs, including acid reducers, aspirin, blood thinners, and ACE inhibitors. If taking these medications, check first.
With all natural remedies, it is important to remember variance. Our bodies process food differently. Cayenne pepper may provide relief from some, but not others. It is best to experiment to find the best pepper remedy and dosage.
Speaking of natural arthritis relief, what will happen if this remedy works? You will notice a decrease in pain! The longer you take these remedies, the less pain you will experience.
My website contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase any products mentioned in my articles, I may receive a commission. If you do, thank you!