Many people use natural remedies as a way to treat depression and do so quite successfully! The reason more people are looking for alternative treatments, is because they are don’t have the unwanted side effects many other known treatments have.
There are also natural therapies including acupuncture, meditation and yoga, that are excellent for treating depression and anxiety.
Relaxation techniques and deep breathing are also ways to help lower anxiety and stress levels and ease symptoms of depression. It’s a practice you can begin anytime, anywhere and by yourself.
Herbal Remedies To Treat Depression
St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum) – This is one remedy that many people think of when looking for a natural depression treatment and has been used as an herbal medicine for centuries.
It is used to aid in balancing mood swings and mental health and wellness. It also has far fewer side effects, than many of the commonly used prescription medications and antidepressants.
Other remedies include ingredients containing Passiflora, Melissa, and Lavender. These natural remedies help to relieve anxiety and are found in many homeopathic products:
- PureCalm – is a 100% safe, non-addictive herbal remedy that has been specially formulated for adults and children, to promote a calmed mood and soothe the nerves.
- Kiddie Calmer – Homeopathic remedy relieves nervousness, worry, shyness and separation anxiety in children.
- MindSoothe – natural herbal remedy for depression, that has been especially formulated for adults and teens, for a balanced mood, emotional health and feelings of well-being.
- MindSoothe Jr. – will assist with anxiety as well as depression and aids emotional stability and balanced moods in children.
- Triple Complex Mood Tonic – Homeopathic remedy calms emotional outbursts and reduces mood swings, and maintains normal serotonin levels.
Supplements To Boost Dopamine and Serotonin
There are natural supplements to help stimulate the production of dopamine and serotonin, especially if your lifestyle and diet are affecting your own balance. (See ProVanax.)
Are you eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and leaving out the sugary treats? A healthy diet assists and maintains healthy serotonin levels. After all, ‘you are what you eat’ and that includes your mind too, not just your waistline.
What about the rest of your lifestyle? Are you getting plenty of exercise and enjoying the sunshine? Exercise is well-know for treating depression. You can begin by eating right and taking a walk everyday. These small changes can help you fight the blues.
If you are looking to treat depression with natural remedies, start with your diet and lifestyle, then if all else fails, you can take up the slack with natural supplements or homeopathic formulas.
Remember to consult your health care professional first, especially if you are already taking medications prescribed by them.
My website contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase any products mentioned in my articles, I may receive a commission. If you do, thank you!