Article Table of Contents
Sleep Device Used To Overcome Child Night Terrors
If your child suffers with night terrors, it is not only your child that is suffering! Having to watch their disturbed sleep and feeling powerless to help them is just as upsetting for you as their parent.
Firstly, how do you know if your child is suffering with nightmares or night terrors? What’s the difference?
Nightmares or Night Terrors
The difference is a child can be woken up from their nightmare. They can talk to you about it and remember parts of the nightmare. On the other hand if a child has a night terror they cannot be woken up from it and they cannot remember the experience. Therefore they cannot tell you anything about their experience.
You can also watch to see if your child is disturbed early in the night or later. Sleep or night terrors usually occur in the early part of the night. They can happen within a few hours of falling asleep, whereas a child having a nightmare usually has one during their REM sleep, which occurs later in the night.
Signs of Night Terrors
- A child suddenly stirs from their deep sleep and shows signs of being extremely scared and very upset.
- They may be very frightened and scream out loud, even though they are asleep and you may not be able to comfort them.
- A night terror can last just a few minutes or half an hour.
- They won’t remember in the morning.
A Sleep Device To Overcome Night Terrors
I have just become aware of a sleep device that can help parents and their children sleep better!
As a child and an adult I experienced nightmares, however I have witnessed children within my own family over the years who have had night terrors.
There was nothing like this available then, so I want to share with you what I have found.
Lully Sleep Guardian
They are Dr. Andy Rink MD (who has a personal family history of night terrors) and Varun Boriah.
Lully offers the world’s only scientifically proven solution to ending night terrors in children which I believe is quite amazing!
The Lully Sleep Guardian is the first and only product proven to combat night terrors.
How Does Lully Work?
- This sleep device is placed under your child’s mattress and it is the size of a hockey puck.
- Control from your phone – The device works with your smartphone! With input from your smartphone each night, Lully’s algorithm learns your child’s sleeping patterns without disrupting your child’s sleep.
- Once it knows the sleep patterns, it predicts when they are about to enter a zone of ‘unhealthy deep sleep’ which can lead to their night terrors.
- This prediction enables the device to send a brief vibration from under the mattress. Your child is gently brought out of their unhealthy deep sleep (without waking them up) so that their night terror is prevented and they can keep sleeping in a healthy sleep zone.
I read the clinical testing studies conducted and was impressed with the results. Any natural solution is a winner for me but to be able to see results within the first week is wonderful. You also have access to night terror experts 24/7 to answer any questions by email, so great support…and here are the results:
- Proven to reduce night terrors by 80% – A six month Stanford University clinical sleep study found that the Lully Sleep Guardian prevented 9 out of 10 night terrors in children ages 2 to 9 and reduced night terrors in children overall by nearly 80%.
- Over 10,000 nights of testing, the Lully Sleep Guardian has been proven to stop night terrors after only four weeks of use.
- Plus, the majority of parents started seeing immediate results within the first week.
There are 2 versions of the Lully Sleep Guardian. The original is the one I have described above and the plus version has a few more features. For example you can track the severity and improvements of your child’s sleep patterns overtime and there is also a note function to develop insights into what triggers your child’s night terrors.
Disclaimer: I am an affiliate for the product mentioned in this article.
My website contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase any products mentioned in my articles, I may receive a commission. If you do, thank you!