Natural Treatments For ADD
Prescription medications have been the main treatment for ADD, but a natural remedy for attention deficit disorder makes more sense…at least to me! Natural medicines and treatments are highly effective and safer than medications such as Aderal and Ritalin.
- Traditional and natural medicines for ADD work by improving a child or adults ability to focus their attention, listen to instructions or conversations and concentrate on any particular task.
- If both treatments do the same thing it is one of the reasons why natural is best.
- The prescription drugs are considered effective but they also come with negative side effects, including nervousness, stomach ache and insomnia.
You can use homeopathic medicines as a natural remedy for attention deficit disorder, such as Synaptol. This homeopathic medicine does not show any of these negative side effects, however it is known to be just as effective as most ADD medications. It does the same thing…it provides ADD/ADHD symptom relief.
Natural Is Not New – Old Methods
The idea of a natural remedy for attention deficit disorder is not new.
Diet – One of the first natural treatments used for “curing ADD” was a trendy diet, that became wildly popular in the 1970’s. However, later studies eventually showed that the diet didn’t really work and only masked the symptoms of the disorder.
- Today, many parents of children with ADD still prefer a natural medicine for ADD/ADHD because they don’t want their children to suffer the negative side effects that come with prescription medications.
Acupuncture – Acupuncture is also a very popular natural remedy for attention deficit disorder today. For centuries, this method has been used successfully by the Chinese to cure various medical problems, one of which is helping people to focus.
If you don’t like the idea of acupuncture needles, then you may consider other alternative medicines, such as the use of herbal medicines or homeopathy. These are effective and completely safe to use.
Natural Remedies For ADD
Most of the natural remedies for ADD address the individual’s disorder by recommending changes to their diet and lifestyle practices. According to studies, ADD is just a by-product of restlessness, hyperactivity and anxiety. If you follow this line of thinking, it is easy to see a good natural remedy for attention deficit disorder does not require the use of medications at all.
Making modifications to the diet is also an excellent step for managing all our health problems. There are certain foods that can be added to the diet and ones that can be removed.
- Medical research shows that Omega-3 is a vital substance that promotes healthy brain growth and helps with other mental impairments. Therefore, foods that contain Omega-3 should definitely be included in the daily diet of someone who has ADD.
It has also been stated that the symptoms of attention deficit disorder are quite similar to the signs of Alzheimer’s Disease. People suffering from these two disorders both exhibit inattentiveness, restlessness, forgetfulness and repetitive actions.
Since their manifestations are basically the same, (however they are two different health issues) it would appear that the natural supplements for Alzheimer’s Disease — vitamins A, C and E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng and rosemary extracts — could also be beneficial.
Choosing a natural remedy for attention deficit disorder is not that difficult, because there are several available options. Speak to your family doctor or naturopath if you have any questions or concerns.