Foods For Your Candida Prevention and Treatment
In order to overcome a chronic candida problem, you may want to follow a diet plan to help your body get back in balance. You will find some foods are perfect for assisting the good bacteria to get back in balance in your intestine. Probiotic foods are especially helpful and adding them to your diet is a great start!
These foods include probiotic foods as shown above. They are sauerkraut, cucumber pickles and yogurt.
Here are some more foods to add or avoid in your yeast infection diet plan!
As with any type of detoxification diet, water is an essential cleansing component. Water may flush out the excess toxins you have trapped in your body.
- Water is the best to drink and alcoholic beverages are the worst.
- Coffee, sugar laden fruit juices and carbonated drinks are now your enemy.
- To boost your overall health and improve your immune system, stick with natural foods. Keep fresh produce in its natural state and make healthy salads!
- Stay clear of the highly fat saturated and over processed foods. These foods are not healthy even if you don’t have a yeast infection.
- Avoid overly cooking your food. Heat and especially too much heat can sap out the nutritional value. Steaming and sauteing your food is best.
- Some sweeter vegetables should be eaten in moderation or avoided, such as sweet potatoes, potatoes, onions, corn and carrots. Potatoes, legumes (beans) and other starchy foods tend to convert to sugar which is a yeast breeding ground.
- There are a number of spices and condiment options that you can still indulge in during this time. Sea salt and virgin olive oil are great choices. Fresh ginger is able to help you get over a yeast infection too. Ginger just naturally tastes great in soups, with meats, and salads and tofu. Ginger will help with the yeast and also aids in digestion.
- Foods that “feed” yeast should be removed from your diet. For example mushrooms are a fungus and carry yeast. Grains should also be eliminated, even the whole grains we typically associate with a healthier lifestyle. White breads are bad news. Pastas, tortillas and sourdough are just as bad.
- Prepackaged sweets with sweeteners should be cut back or avoided all together.
- Dairy-based foods such as milk, cream and cheese. ‘Flavored’ yogurt cups are now added to the “do not eat” list too.
- Apple cider vinegar is fine! Other vinegars can cause problems. Pickles and relishes and sauerkraut have vinegar, so make sure it’s apple cider vinegar that is used. Unpasteurized apple cider vinegar and olive oil can also spice up your salads.
There’s plenty of foods left for you to enjoy that will not only help treat a yeast infection, but prevent the next one from festering and coming to a full blown infection.
- Dark green vegetables are especially good for preventing yeast infections. Incorporate more green beans, spinach and Brussel sprouts into your diet.
- Garlic is nature’s antibiotic and for treating yeast infections it’s also a bonus. Eat raw garlic for oral thrush too! Add some fresh garlic to your recipes and enjoy.
- Some women find placing a clove of garlic directly into their vagina if they have a vaginal yeast infection helpful.It acts as nature’s yeast killer. Garlic can be your best friend when looking to treat a yeast infection.It has natural antibiotic properties that can inhibit yeast growth.
- Add plenty of leafy fresh greens in your diet but try to keep down your red meat consumption. Eat other meats such as fish and poultry.Eating more than what amounts to half your palm size of meat can put too much strain on your digestive tract. Too much red meat will not help your system at all.
- Seaweed is another great alternative. It inhibits the expansion of the explosive quality in yeast. Seaweed can be eaten raw or you might prefer to add it to your favorite recipes, such as soups and stews.You can add it to basically any crock pot meal for a knock-out yeast effect.
- Raw nuts are another good food. Most raw nuts, with the exception of peanuts, aid in treatment and prevention of yeast infection eruption.
- Natural yogurt, high in acidophilus, is an excellent source of good bacteria that rids your body of excess yeast.
By eating good yeast-free foods, and refraining from the yeast causing foods, you will gain much better control of your body. Treating a yeast infection is important, but fueling your body with the foods that can prevent another outbreak is just as crucial. Your diet is your very own natural yeast infection cure.
My website contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase any products mentioned in my articles, I may receive a commission. If you do, thank you!