Get Rid of Allergies The Natural Way
If you suffer with allergies you may benefit from using natural alternative allergy treatments for finding relief. The demand for natural remedies has been gradually increasing over the past few years and for many different reasons. One reason is that more people are now suffering from environmental allergies, such as pollution, that were never a problem before.
Another reason for the demand is many people experience negative side effects from using the artificial allergy medicines. Many people who have used natural allergy treatments claim that natural remedies are far superior to artificial medications in terms of effectiveness.
Many homeopathic formulations are more popular than many of their prescription and over-the-counter drug counterparts.
Why You Should Go Natural
The reason for this is that the homeopathic components can assist your body to fight the allergy, rather than many of the synthetic medications that often just temporarily provide allergy symptom relief. The natural alternative allergy treatments is just that…a treatment for helping your body prevent the allergic reaction in the first place.
There are hordes of natural remedies that you can use to treat your allergies but before picking out one at random, there are several factors that you should take into consideration in order to enjoy the best results. They are also a safe solution for treating many of the common allergies in children.
For example, if you don’t know exactly what the cause of your allergic reaction is, you really need to have a test done to properly determine what type of allergy you are suffering from.
Homeopathic Medicines For Allergy Relief
Natural homeopathic medicines are often used for allergy relief. You may suffer with red, itchy and watery eyes, sneezing, sinus problems, headaches, itchy throat, runny nose, dry lips etc.
Here are a few of the ingredients to cover some of the allergy problems.
- Red, Itchy and Watery Eyes – Ambrosia
- Sneezing – Allium cepa
- Coughing – Naphthalinum
- Sinus and Nasal Congestion – Arum triph
- Headaches – Euphrasia
- Sore or Raw Throat – Sabadilla
- Hoarseness – Wyethia
- Deep Itch in Nose or Throat – Arundo
- Sensitivity to Light – Arsenicum alb
- Ringing or Itchy Ears – Nat mur
- Mucous discharges – Allium cepa
- Dry mucous membranes – Sabadilla
- Dry Lips – Arum triph
Alternative Allergy Treatments
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture is another alternative allergy treatment. Acupuncture involves the insertion of needles into various parts of the body and for treating allergies, each needle is treated with a Chinese herbal extract. Often facial acupuncture is used for sneezing and sinus problems. Visit a trained acupuncturist to ask if they can help you with your allergy symptoms. It may take more than one session to help relieve your nasal symptoms.
- Massage – Another popular treatment is massage therapy. Nasal congestion is usually exacerbated by the tension of the muscles in the neck and shoulder area. By massaging these areas, the muscles will relax and you will be able to breathe more comfortably. You can go to a professional masseuse for this if you want but since the procedure is quite simple, you can save yourself some money and do it yourself.
- Essential Oils – Essential oils can be used in small amounts by themselves or within carrier oils to assist with relieving allergy symptoms. Some that are commonly used include lavender, peppermint, lemon and eucalyptus. Only use approved and pure oils for these purposes.
- Honey – Certain types of allergies also have their own special remedies. For example, if you are allergic to pollen, you can try eating a teaspoon of honey once or twice a day. However, you need to eat the honey that is associated with the tree species. If you know the tree that is generating your pollen allergy, see if you can find a local beekeeper with that particular honey source. The reason is because bees use pollen from flowers in the region to make their honey, consuming it can help to desensitize you to your allergens.
- Herbs – Certain herbs are known to help with relieving allergy symptoms: spirulina, goldenseal and butterbur. Consult a knowledgeable herbalist for effective concentration levels. Bromelain (derived from pineapples) has been shown to reduce the histamine reaction of the body.
You will find that this alternative allergy treatment works quite fast and is considerably more effective, not to mention a lot safer, than any anti-allergy drugs you can buy from the local pharmacy. Plus, it’s good for you!
Food allergies can be somewhat harder to treat because you will first have to figure out which food it is that has caused the allergic reaction. Once you have determined the culprit, all you can do is to avoid eating it again in the future.
Although alternative allergy treatments do work well, there are some allergies that you have to watch. Do not leave any allergic reaction to chance. If you do not know why you are suffering, please check with your health care professional.
- Anaphylactic shock is a serious health issue you don’t want to play around with!
It is still recommended for safety reasons that you check with your doctor first before starting on your own treatment method.
My website contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase any products mentioned in my articles, I may receive a commission. If you do, thank you!